A completed Scholarship Application Form AND all of the following info must be received by KHSCA by *March 1st**
Scholarships are non-renewable.
- Scholarships will be awarded to a son or daughter of a current or lifetime member of the Kentucky High School Coaches Association providing the child is a graduating high school senior and interested in majoring in education.
- A total of $10,000 for 5 boys and 5 girls will be awarded as follows and sent directly to each recipient.- A $1,000 scholarship to each of 5 boys for the freshman year
– A $1,000 scholarship to each of 5 girls for the freshman year
- Applicants must have a 3.0/4.0 GPA in their 17 high school core classes through the first semester of their senior year, a 22 or better on the ACT, or 900 or better on the SAT.
- Each applicant must send 4 copies plus the original of the following items:- his/her transcript- senior year first-semester report card
– a list of extra-curricular activities
– a copy of ACT/SAT scores
– letters of recommendation – one from the high school principal or counselor and one from a teacher
– photocopy of your parent(s) KHSCA membership card
– a 200-word essay explaining his/her reasons for choosing the field of education, OR the person who has influenced you the most to further your education
Note: An applicant who receives a full-time academic/athletic scholarship as a college freshman is not eligible for a KHSCA scholarship.
*** Senior Supplemental Year Students are not eligible. ***
BE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING:
- PRINT and complete the SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM.
- Return the completed form, along with 4 copies + original of the above items, to:
Jimmie Reed, KHSCA Scholarship Application
116 Christine Court
Bardstown, KY 40004